Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Crayon Resist



I wanted to play along with the Muse challenge and Make it Monday #129 (Papertrey Ink).  I loved the layers of color on the Muse inspiration by Therese Calvird.  I was also inspired by the birds on a wire images.  I wanted to use an image with a straight line in it, that's why I chose to use an image from the Papertrey Ink stamp set "Quilled Elegance".  The Make it Monday technique this week is crayon resist.  I haven't done this technique in awhile and enjoyed trying it with Distress Inks.  I stamped the image than coloured in sections with a white crayon.  After sponging on 4 different shades of distress ink I found that I hadn't coloured in enough areas with the white crayon.  I don't know if its cheating but I went back and added some more white with a gel pen.  I sponged the edges with Black Soot Distress ink.  Then spritzed the piece with water with a bit of gold pearl ex mixed in it.

Muse inspiration




Fun to play with inks today.

Thanks for stopping by,
Kelly

17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous - love the drama of the black and the pops of white! Thanks for playing with this week's Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards - Love the background inking, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful! love the stamps and blue/green background too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Kelly! I really love the images from Quilled Elegance colored with the white crayon resist technique :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both the cards, very pretty. Crayon resist turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quilled Elegance was a great choice of stamps to use the white crayon resist technique! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is absolutely stunning, I just love these pretty colours together and the highlights of white are wondeful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your colour choices, and nice inking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, what a wonderful technique.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is beautiful! great idea to use crayon resist, it worked perfectly for this card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is awesome! I love your blend of colors, layout, images...well I guess I love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card! I never thought to use that image for the resist technique. Yours came out great--I had trouble getting smooth coverage with the crayon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic technique! I love the design of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card. I have that stamp set too and want to give your idea a try. Cheating while making a card? Can it even be done? Naw, I think if it makes you happy go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very striking card! And I appreciate that you shared your self-questioning on whether you did enough and how you corrected that.

    ReplyDelete

So Many Books

Hello.  Here with a book mark for the "Anything But a Card Challenge" at A Blog Named Hero. I applied chalk throu...