Monday, April 29, 2019

Heffy Doodle and Chibitronics


Hello!  Very fun card today for the collaboration of Chibitronics with Heffy Doodle.  

Image may contain: text

I love the adorable Narwhal from the Heffy Doodle "Oceans of Love" stamp set.
I started out with a 4.25"X 5.5" piece of Neenah Solar white cardstock.  I stamped the starfish and bubbles with copic friendly ink.  I colored the images in and coated them with clear and blue sparkle Nuvo drops. But before adding the Nuvo drops I poked holes in the starfish for Chibi lights to shine through. I set it aside to dry.  I then colored the little Narwhal on a seperate piece of cardstock and fussy cut him.  


When the Nuvo drops dried I blended Distress oxide inks to create the background.  I first blended a light blue over the entire background then blended a medium blue and purple through the "Bubbles Waves Stencil".


I cut the background down to 3.75" X 5".  On a blue piece of cardstock (4" X 5.25") I mapped out the Chibitronic circuit.


I used a simple circuit.  When the flap on top of the battery is pressed down the copper tape connects with the battery and completes the positve circuit powering the LEDs.  I adherred the front to the ciruit using foam tape.  To finish the card off I added clear droplet embelishments and the heat embossed sentiment.  Heffy Doodles "Interactively Yours" stamp set is perfect to use with Chibitronics and its what I used to stamp "press here". 


This was such a fun collaboration!
Hop List:

Kelly Szafron You Are Here


Heffy Doodle will be giving away a £50 gift voucher to one commenter and Chibitronics will be giving away a starter kit to one commenter! 


Thanks for stopping by, Your next stop is Cassie Tezak.






21 comments:

  1. I’m obsessed with underwater theme cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, he's so cute. Nice light up feature, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh loving the bubble waves stencil! It crracre wonderful underwater effect! Beautiful light up feature too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card with this adorable narwhal! Love the colors and the light up feature!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you got the movement in
    the water. The lighting just
    adds to the fun of the card.
    thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What Fintastic card. The starfish a great idea for the light up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute underwater scene, love the waves and placement of lights in stars.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable! I really like under water scenes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. super cute card - love the sponged background:P)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Wow! Wow! What a wonderful card and colouring!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so sweet! Great design and execution - so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marisela Delgado said: Cute card mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is cool idea, love the colors and stenciling.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow, this is amazing! Love how the stars light up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nuvo drops work extra well with the light and water to complete the scene :)

    ReplyDelete

So Many Books

Hello.  Here with a book mark for the "Anything But a Card Challenge" at A Blog Named Hero. I applied chalk throu...