Wednesday, February 28, 2018

March Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge


Hello.  I made a St.Patrick's day card with vibrant greens for March's Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge.


Our winner for this challenge will receive a $20 coupon to spend at the shop! Check out all the details HERE.

IF YOU USE STAMPS BY HAPPY LITTLE STAMPERS AND YOU ARE OUR RANDOM WINNER, YOUR PRIZE WILL BE DOUBLED!






To make this card I heat embossed the stamped images (Papersmooches "A Magical Spring") on watercolour card stock.  I wanted to keep the colour in one area so to control it I smooshed a mini Twisted Citron Distress Ink pad on a piece of acetate.  I spritzed the ink on the acetate with some water then pressed it on the embossed cardstock.  I used my heat gun to dry the colour and added more drying in between and building up the colour.  Then I spritzed the card front with a bit of water and sprinkled on some Lime Green Brusho.  I used paper towel to remove some of the colour in places I felt were too intense.

Thank you for stopping by I hope you are inspired to play along with this months challenge.

3 comments:

  1. I love how you created this vibrant background, Kelly and the green plaid gives such a perfect look for St Patty's Day.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kelly I just love this card. So very Irish. Love the smooched background and gold embossed clover. Nice touch with the brusho's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great card for St. Patrick's Day. I love the green color of this card. She is so optimistic.
    Hugs,
    BożenA

    ReplyDelete

So Many Books

Hello.  Here with a book mark for the "Anything But a Card Challenge" at A Blog Named Hero. I applied chalk throu...