Friday, March 31, 2017

Happy Little Stampers Rainbow Watercolour





Hello my colourful card today is for the Happy Little Stampers April Watercolour challenge.



I watercoloured my background using a technique I learned from watching a Youtube video by Kristina Werner.


Once my background was dry I adhered a diecut frame to it.  I coloured and fussy cut the little winged unicorn from My Favorite Things.  I adhered a piece of nylon thread to the back of the unicorn and taped the ends of the thread to the frame (a technique shared by Jennifer McGuire) this maked the unicorn appear to float in the middle of the shaker.


I adhered several layers of the frame to build up my shaker window than added some glitter before the acetate layer.

Thanks for stopping by, I'm looking forward to seeing your projects shared with us at the Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge.

7 comments:

  1. A floating unicorn? How cool! These rainbow colours are so dynamic - love this!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh! So fun, Kelly! Lovely background and cute cute cute unicorn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bright w/c background for your shaker, :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous rainbow panel, and I love how you framed the cute unicorn in front of it. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous background and cute image. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely adorable! Love how the unicorn has movement. What a great card for a youngster! Definitely will bring a smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you got this to be so bright - perfect rainbow for the challenge. I love the sparkly on the unicorn. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

So Many Books

Hello.  Here with a book mark for the "Anything But a Card Challenge" at A Blog Named Hero. I applied chalk throu...