Here with a card for the Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge. I decided to use the optional smoosh technique.


I applied Distress ink to my craft mat spritzed it with water than used a piece of water colour card stock to pick up the ink. I started with the lightest green I used (Twisted Citron) dabbing and running my card stock through the inky puddle on my craft mat. I dried the ink with my heat tool before adding the next colour (Lucky Clover). The darkest color I used was a blue (Mermaid Lagoon). I continued to add more color in layers, drying with my heat tool in between colors until I was happy with the vibrancy. I applied some more Lucky Clover around the edges of the water colour piece after I die cut it with a stitched rectangle die. For the flowers I used stick it adhesive sheets. I applied a piece of Stick It adhesive to both sides of a piece of card stock before die cutting the flowers (die from Concord and 9th). I removed the backing from one side of the flowers, adhered them to the smooshed water colour piece then removed the paper from the front of the flowers and used a fine iridescent silver glitter (Nuvo) to the front.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you join the Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge.


So beautiful watercoloring, Kelly! Fabulous design! Hugs, Gloria
ReplyDeleteA bold, vibrant, and beautiful card. I love your smooshed result. So much fun!! xx
ReplyDeleteWow - this is so vibrant and I love the die cut glittery flowers. So striking!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Carol x
What an amazing background you "smooshed"! I love those colors and they go great with the silver!
ReplyDeleteWow! This is beautiful, Kelly. I love the bold, vibrant green and the embossed flower paired with the black frame. Superb. :)
ReplyDeleteThat green is gorgeous - so pretty especially against the glitz of those flowers. Jenny x
ReplyDelete